Thursday, February 19, 2015

Writing to God: Day 2

I look out the window today, God.
And see everything that is possible.
The bird about to take flight.
The person in a car driving by, slowly,
As to not slide off the snowy road.
The light of day stretching across the horizon.

I look out the window today
And wonder what it will be like
To pay attention to the trees, the 
Way they stand so elegantly in a frozen earth.
To listen to the way the snow 
Sounds as I take a step out the door.

I look out the window today
And wonder what it would be like
To greet every person with 
A smile and a wave - or even a hug.
Truly happy that they walked into the room. And,
Noticing the smile that embraces them,
They too might feel a little bit lighter.

I look out the window today, God,
And I see all that has been given and made.
Even in a season of cold and barrenness
There is a bird about to take flight,
And a person in a car driving by, slowly.
And the light of a new day stretching across the horizon.

If we would just take the time to look out the window
We would see everything that is possible.
This is the way you love us, God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment