Thursday, March 12, 2015

Writing to God: Day 20

Exodus 6: 5-8
Taking a Breath

God of mercy,

I breathe in you.  I breathe out everything that keeps me from you.
I breathe in your spirit of gentleness.  I breathe out my tendencies to over-think, over-analyze, over-do.
I breathe in your compassion, I breathe out my selfishness; my desire to serve me first.
I breathe in your forgiveness, I breathe out my sin.
I breathe in your justice, I breathe out my complacency.
I breathe in your presence, I breathe out my worry that I am all alone.
I breathe in your life, I breathe out all that is dead within me.

Creator.  Redeemer.  Sustainer.

Be the breath that fills my lungs and tells me I am loved - even before I release to you all that makes me fear I am not.

Be that breath for us all.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment